About

Us
Laurieton United Services Club​

Situated in the centre of Laurieton, on the mid-north coast of NSW, 400kms north of Sydney and 30kms south of Port Macquarie, the Laurieton United Services Club was originally built in 1953 and licensed in 1955. The idea to form the club was borne from the spirit and comradeship that was evident in our servicemen and women during the Second World War.

The founding members’ initial efforts to secure premises in 1953 were realised when a working bee traveled to Rolland Plains and demolished an old Union Church given to them by the then Hastings Council. This was the first timber used in the building of the club.

Initially commissioned as an RSL (Returned and Services League of Australia) Club, the Sub Branch of the RSL transferred control to Laurieton United Servicemen’s Club Ltd, which was incorporated in December 1971. Some dramatic changes in appearance have occurred at the club, particularly over the last decade. Major renovations were undertaken in 1986, 1991, 1997 and 2007 which greatly expanded the original clubhouse to the club’s current size.

The club’s reason for existence has not changed since the first day of operation in 1953. The club exists to provide a relaxing and congenial venue for the benefit of members and their guests. The club’s board, management and staff take pride on the level of service they provide and strive to be the number one venue for hospitality in this area.

Originally founded on the timber and fishing industries, the Laurieton area has seen a dramatic shift in recent times to a popular tourist destination. In addition, the area has become a haven for retirees with a number of retirement accommodation complexes being constructed in the last few years.

The club’s governing body is a board of seven directors and there is a staff of 55 for both clubs. Total membership is now over 9,800 and covers a wide range of age groups but is predominately over 55 years.

In the financial years of 2015, 2016 and 2017 LUSC has experienced strong financial cash flows which has enabled it to continue to improve its facilities for its members and future financial security.

Some of these improvements have included: renovating the club’s foyer, bistro, and functions room in 2015/2016. In 2016 the club created a new café and renovated the main bar area followed by the gaming room in 2018.

During this period, the club also purchased an additional two adjoining properties enhancing the property portfolio to seven which includes the two car parks opposite the clubhouse.

ImageImageImage
Kew Country Club

The picturesque Kew Country Club is located 500m west of the Pacific Highway at Kew on the mid-north coast in NSW. It has two bowling greens (synthetic) as well as an 18-hole golf course of gently undulating Kikuyu fairways with maintained Penncross Bentgrass greens. Tree-lined fairways with natural water features come into play on several holes, most notably on 5th hole where water winds along the left-hand side for the length of the fairway.

It is a Nagle/Cooper-designed golf course, with abundant wildlife. The course inception was over 45 years ago and started as a 9-hole course. The land was originally bought and leased to get things started and, through the tireless efforts of the members in the early days, has evolved to the 18 hole course it is today.

Continued improvements to the golf course has allowed the club to experience strong growth in participation.

In 2009 Laurieton United Services Club and the Kew Country Club amalgamated, with the administration function for both sides located at the Laurieton site. The amalgamation provided Kew Country Club with the opportunity to improve facilities for members as well as ensuring the club continued as a locally owned and managed community asset.

ImageImage

Board of Directors

Image

Greg Armstrong

PRESIDENT
Image

Jim Henry

SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Image

Barry Lang

VICE PRESIDENT
Image

Ian Jackson

DIRECTOR
Image

Noel Hiffernan

DIRECTOR
Image

April Saunders

DIRECTOR
Image

Ken Whyte

DIRECTOR
Image